Makaira By the Sea- Matei
Inside Marlin Bure
Westerly View from Makaira
"Hammock" gazebo- for relaxing and guest weddings Reflect whilst watching the sunset Relax at the beach in relative privacy
Without out a doubt one of Taveuni Island's BEST mid-range private cottages. With only three cottages the "Marlin Bure" and the "Grand Suite Bure" and the "Ocean View Villa" each on one acre, you are sure to get all the privacy you want on your holiday, retreat or honeymoon.
Makaira is located in the northern part of Taveuni. Makaira itself, faces the west, providing one of the best sunsets found anywhere in the world.
Here is a YouTube Video of Makaira.
Download PDF Brochure
(click on PDF logo to download)
Marlin Bure Grander Bure Ocean View Villa
6. What to do
Each "bure" (Fijian Cottage) has traditional styling with all the modern conveniences and every room enjoys unobstucted ocean views, privacy and amazing sunsets with features such as:
- Free wifi
- Complimentary light breakfast
- Free airport transfers
- Private dipping pools off the deck of all 3 of our accommodations
- One extra dipping pool at the bottom of the property.
- Private phone in each accommodation with free local calls
- Concierge service if you would prefer to have someone organize your tours and activities
- Daily maid service & full time fijian staff and all linens provided
- Each self contained accommodation is privately situated and enjoys its own sweeping ocean views
- TV for the DVD player with hundreds of free movies to enjoy for a change of pace.
- Refrigerator and double gas burner
- Electric stand up fan
- 24 hours of power
- Premium King size Beds imported linens up to 800 thread count
- Spacious bathrooms with romantic indoor hot water shower/bath
- Soap, shampoo and conditioner
- Cool refreshing jungle showers attached to each accommodation
- Fabulous in-house fijian staff and hawaiian owned for the best of the bula and aloha spirit
In and around Makaira free amenities
The owners Roberta and John are there to see that all your needs are met and that you have a wonderful, relaxing and private holiday.
- Request a kava and fijian music evening for a fun time with the makaira family
- Gorgeous white beach below us that stretches for a third of a km with amazing snorkeling
- Free snorkel lessons
- Free use of snorkel gear and beach towels
- Free introductory snorkel tour of the area out front or anytime you want to have a guide out front
- Free lessons in coral gardening-create your own little reef or help us hunt crown of thorns.
- Free glass bottom kayak
- Dipping pool for those time you don't want to stray from makaira to the beach and to just nap, or read and enjoy the massive ocean views in comfortable lounge chairs. .
- Separate sun deck for tanning or viewing sunset or gazing out to sea.
- All the coconuts you can eat, our fabulous staff will be happy to cut them open for you .
- Coconut Craft lessons- Our fabulous staff will be happy to show you how to make a coconut hat, basket or how to weave a coconut leaf for a roof in case you ever find yourself on the "Survivor" show or lost in paradise (think of Tom Hanks in "Castaway").
The Ocean View Villa is the crowning jewel of Makaira. It is ideal for those romantics looking for affordable luxury with its Master Bedroom Suite with King Size bed, a huge bathroom with a bath tub built for two, and open shower, outside jungle shower with stairs the lead into the main bathroom that leads into the Master Suite. .
The split level design affords an infinity view from the Master Bedroom Suite and 3 steps down lead to the Beach room for another infinity view which leads out to an open deck. The Villa aside from being the romantic getaway can also comfortably accommodate 4 for families with children above 8 years old, or friends traveling together to enjoy the various activities that Makaira and Taveuni has to offer.
(not inclusive of 25% Government taxes)
Daily Rate per bure
(US$ per night)
Weekly rate per bure
(for 7 nights or more stay)
(US$ per night)
Marlin Bure $195 $175 Grander Suite Bure $250 $225 Sea View Bure $250 $225
Fishing packages also available
(map of Taveuni)
Located on the coastal road to Bouma, just south of Matei Airport, right opposite the local beach.
As the bures are self-contained you can do your own cooking. However, if you choose not to cook, then Makaira can offer meals
For a heartier breakfast -10.00 USD,
Dinner 25.00 USD per person by reservation for our own "Capt John's Galley Restaurant".
FLYING: Pick-up and drop-off from Matei Airport is inclusive in the price.
Bus: Catching the public bus north from Wairiki landing will cost you around FJ$3.50 and take about 20 minutes along the coastal road.
However, the bus only runs three times a day, (twice in the morning and once in the afternoon), so ask a local what times the bus runs and returns.
Taxi: Catching a ride from the Wairiki landing will cost you about FJ$35.
Located near Matei, the "heart" of Taveuni, there is plenty of things to do such as diving, game fishing, adventure and cultural activities and some of the best eateries in Taveuni such as Tramontos Restaurant (across the road), Coconut Grove, Vunibokoi Restaurant .
Bouma National Park with Tavoro falls and Lavena Coastal Walk is just a bus ride away.
Reef snorkelling is always available as is kayaking, all within walking distance.
Book with us
| Home | Back to Top |
© Taveuni Adventures 2004-2017. All rights reserved